Corpus Christi, TX 78415
- Bring animals back to the exam room and helping the doctor with holding of the animal.
- Communicate with the public and perform an initial evaluation of their pet s health before the doctor sees the pet.
- Assist with basic care duties, drawing up vaccinations, preparing slides, assisting the doctor when analyzing fecal samples, etc.
- Help coworkers when restocking cabinets, medication, exam room and clinic.
- Animal restraint, anesthetic induction, surgical prep and monitoring, catheter placement, blood draws, animal intakes, and helping in wellness on a rotating schedule.
- Care for cats & kittens that are being placed up for adoption at both Petco s in the area. This will include washing bedding, cleaning cages, feeding, providing water and attention to cats and kittens.
- Communicate with owners and families to inform and educate them about animal conditions and proper care.
- Review patient files and handle administrative duties as necessary.
- Drive to both Petco locations using the company van in order to take care of the cats and kittens currently up for adoption.
- Clinical skills and an understanding of animal behavior and healthcare.
- If you have worked in a high volume surgery clinic, you will be given priority and paid at the higher end of salary scale.
- Passion for working with animals AND their owners.
- Interpersonal communication skills to communicate with owners and other veterinary staff.
- Attention to detail in order to maintain accurate patient records when writing down for the doctors.
- Willingness to take direction from other coworkers and supervisor.
- One or more years of experience in a veterinary technician role is required!
- Physical ability to restrain larger pets when necessary
- Must be able to pass a drug test and have a valid driver s license. Neat conservative appearance is required.
- Applicant should have a valid driver s license and bilingual is preferred.
Wage will depend on experience. $14-17.50/hour.
Current registered veterinary technician. Two or more years of experience in a veterinary clinic, veterinary hospital, and/or animal shelter or animal control facility. Candidate should be highly motivated, enthusiastic self-starter with a professional attitude and a team player.
The clinic is open six days a week. You will need to be able to work all of these days.
Petco shifts will be assigned a couple days out of the week depending on need. These shifts are always after clinic is over.
Working here can be busy and fast pace at times. Staff members who work here enjoy their job and are always willing to help each other out. The job can include working some holidays or overtime depending on clinic needs. Candidate must be flexible with schedule changes and short notice overtime requests.
Send resumes to denise.James@lkjordan.Com
LK Jordan is an equal opportunity employer.