Terminal Operations Engineering Manager
Corpus Christi, TX 78408 US
To provide engineering support to bulk liquid terminal midstream operations and commercial teams. Provides engineering analysis of operational problems and then identifies resolution or value-enhancing projects.
Provides full range of engineering & technical support to the commercial team for new project development and due diligence on acquisitions.
- Regularly interacts with control room, field operations leadership and field personnel to analyze operational problems, develop alternatives and recommend optimal solutions.
- Seeks and identifies opportunities to optimize systems, save costs and improve operations and maximize operating performance & value.
- Provides conceptual and detailed design engineering, scope development, schedule, and cost estimates for maintenance expense and/or capital jobs as well as growth capital projects up to $5 MM.
- Trouble-shoot operational issues at bulk liquids terminals and pump stations.
- Develop, support, and maintain facilities performance reporting and facilities project KPIs
- Size relief valves and control valves for both gas and liquids
- Coordinates and manages third party engineering designs for projects and studies.
- Coordinates with project engineers and/or construction crews to ensure execution on desired scope of work.
- Participates or leads PHAs for terminal facilities and is responsible for resolving or identifying projects to address identified issues.
- Performs hydraulic simulations of pressures and flow rates through pipelines transporting oil, NGLs or natural gas.
- Works in coordination with the commercial team in new growth project development, providing iterations and various options for initial feasibility designs & cost estimates.
- Assist in emergency response efforts if required.
- A STEM degree with a preference in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering from an accredited university.
- Ten (10) years minimum oil and gas /process engineering experience.
- Five (5) years minimum process or project experience in a terminal, plant, or refinery environment.
- Broad based engineering and operational knowledge with the ability to understand, lead efforts in or
- provide internal support for civil, electrical, mechanical and process control issues or designs.
- Experience with OSHA Process Safety Management (PSM, 1910.119) and Management of Change (MOC) processes.
- Experience with Hazard Identification studies (HAZIDs), Process Hazards Analyses (PHAs), and Hazard and
- Operability studies (HAZOPs).
- Experience with controls design deliverables, including I/O list, process control narratives, cause & effect charts, alarm rationalization, and manage third-party control system suppliers to comply with the control system design requirements.
- Ability to complete multiple, diverse tasks of differing priorities.
- Mechanical design and engineering applicability such as API 653, API 570, ASME B31.4, API 1104.
- Knowledge in pipeline safety: 49 CFR 192, 49 CFR 195.
- Ability to maintain a positive, professional, and solutions-oriented approach with employees, supervisors, other departments, officials, and the public.
- Willing to travel 25% of the time