Technician Level II
Schertz, TX 78154 US
- Responsible for installation of and repairing of complex voice, data, video and access control systems in small, medium and large enterprise environments. Will routinely be tasked to resolve complex voice, data, and video and access control system issues. Takes responsibility and ownership for small and mid-sized system installations. Will provide mentorship & support to junior level technicians.
- Read and understand technical documents including but not limited to blue prints and shop drawings, technical manuals, network diagrams and wiring schematics
- Trouble shoot voice, data, video and access control systems at a Tier II level.
- Install and Terminate UTP wiring systems to include rack system, work station cabling, riser cabling, Inside Plant Cabling and Outside Plant Cabling within approved BICSI, ANSI and TIA and NEC standards
- Install and Terminate fiber optic cabling
- Responsible for maintenance and installation of voice and data telecommunications equipment at enterprise customer locations
- Telecomm equipment includes and may not be limited to: Microwave Radios, Industrial Wireless Systems, SCADA Communication Systems, VSAT, CDMA, Phone Systems, Digital Multiplex, Office Networks (LAN/WAN), VHF Radio Systems, and associated equipment.
- problem solving skills and break down complex problems to isolate outages and restore services.
- Work within a ticketing system to document the resolution of telecomm outages, installations and repairs.
- Regularly and directly interface with a wide variety of people with tact, courtesy and professionalism, including but not limited to other employees, management, vendors, and customers.
- Work with Dispatch, Service Management to schedule each work day for optimum efficiency for the greatest benefit to Absolute Communications, and work with limited supervision.
- Callout and unscheduled overtime is required, and anticipated.
- May be required to work non-traditional hours.
- Maintain a high regard for personal safety, the safety of company assets and employees, and the general public.
- Maintain a regular, dependable attendance, and high level of performance.
- Write effectively, and understand verbal and written communications, including but not limited to email.
- Speak clearly, both in person and by telephone, using a high level of verbal skills, and listen carefully.
- Travel is required, and a company vehicle is assigned for this job.
- Minimum High School Diploma
- Associates Degree in Electronics Technology. Preferred
- BS in Technology or Engineering a plus
- In addition to the degree requirement (or acceptable degree substitute), some level of direct and active work experience in telecommunications is needed (minimum of four years to be considered for Level II Tech and higher).
- BICSI Training a plus
- Valid Driver s License
- Good working knowledge of structured cabling systems
- Good working knowledge of TDM and IP phone systems at a general level
- Ability to trouble shoot basic low voltage electrical problems
- Mid-Level Data Network understanding
- Good diagnostic skills and logical thought processes with the ability to identify and resolve various levels of telecommunications issues.
- Good understanding with Microsoft applications (including but not limited to Word, Excel, Outlook and Visio) for the purpose of word processing, spreadsheet applications, and information retrieval.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, including attention to detail in documentation.
- Good customer service skills, able to effectively communicate and work with all levels of management and employees in the corporate office and the field as well as external customers.
- Must demonstrate ownership of work projects and assignments with high degree of autonomy
- Must demonstrate outside the box thinking
- Ability to work with a team, take direction from supervisor(s), focus attention to details, follow work rules, and adhere to established work schedules.
- Good analytical skills and logical thought processes, with ability to identify and resolve simple to complex telecommunications problems, including the ability to think quickly and provide support for emergency operations.
- Ability to organize and prioritize daily work, maintain confidentiality as necessary, and work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks with strict, and often short, deadlines in a technologically diverse and fast-paced environment.
- Possess and consistently demonstrate a positive attitude with the ability to handle negative or conflicting situations in a logical and professional manner.
- Must be adaptable to organizational change.
- Ability to identify expectations in an employee/employer relationship.
- Must be highly self-motivated with the ability to perform the required and expected duties with little or no direct supervision.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of the job.
- Job level commensurate with experience and skill level.
- Must be able to safely lift and carry up to 40 pounds, waist high, on a regular basis.
- Monday Friday during normal business hours of 7: 45am 5: 00 pm. Some overtime will be required.
- Job Location This position will be based in San Antonio
- Callout and unscheduled overtime is required and anticipated.
- Travel is required and anticipated; a company vehicle is assigned
Our most successful Candidates come from referrals, so if this position doesn t look like a great opportunity for you - but you happen to know or have coached this special talent - please forward this email to them or refer me their name in confidence. Thank you for your consideration!
L.K. Jordan & Associates is and equal opportunity employers .