Sparks, NV 89431
Under the general supervision of the assigned manager, designs, writes, maintains, tests and installs software to meet customer specifications.
1. Assists in preparing functional specifications and time and feasibility estimates in response to project/quote requests; analyzes software for sales quotations.
2. Designs and configures software products to customer specifications.
3. Develops firmware in C/ C++ for new products and maintains code for legacy products.
4. Assists in preparation of operator manual or other documentation supplied in conjunction with a software project.
5. Translates requirements of technical documents into the product configuration in order to properly operate instrumentation during test.
6. Assists in improving product features and quality, reducing product development costs and product delivery cycle time.
7. Assists in keeping the Project Notebook current.
8. Documents customer requested changes or issues with Project Engineer.
9. Installs software at customer site. Works closely with multi-disciplinary teams offsite in Japan.
10. Provides post-delivery customer support.
Interfaces with customers and other internal departments to ensure efficient, timely and cost-effective design, modification, testing and installation of software products.
DECISION-MAKING AND PROBLEM-SOLVING:
Exercises judgment within generally defined policies, procedures and practices to select the most appropriate method or process. Refers complex or unusual problems to management. Responsible for following the policies and procedures outlined in the Standard Practices and Procedures.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
2-5 years developing embedded firmware in C/ C++.
Full software development life cycle experience
This general description covers all levels/grades of the job. Level and grade assignments are determined by the attached leveling guidelines. Minimum qualifications are outlined below:
Requires knowledge of computer systems, systems analysis, program design, coding applications, application packages and program testing, as typically may be gained through a bachelor s degree in computer science, mathematics, physics, chemistry, electrical engineering or equivalent experience. Good problem-solving and analytical skills; effective verbal and written communication skills; attention to detail. Must be able to travel, both domestically and internationally as necessary to successfully complete projects.
Skills Demonstrated By:
1. Ability to effectively interact with customers and other Company personnel.
2. Ability to exercise appropriate judgment.
3. Ability to function independently and as part of a team.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. The incumbent must have the abilities or aptitudes to perform each essential function proficiently.
Any requirement may be modified to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
I. Works on assignments of moderate scope and complexity, typically handling one assignment at a time. May work on a segment of an assignment or project managed by more experienced software engineers. Incumbent typically has 0-2 years of industry experience.
II. Works on a variety of assignments of diverse scope and complexity, typically handling one or two assignments at a time, depending on level of complexity. Requires working knowledge of computer systems, systems analysis, program design, coding and program testing. Requires basic understanding of Company applications. May work on a segment of an assignment or project managed by more experienced software engineers. Incumbent typically has 2-4 years of industry experience.
III. Works on a variety of complex assignments, typically handling simultaneous multiple assignments. Serves as technical mentor to less experienced staff. Good working knowledge of Company application(s) and Company software product(s). Capable of managing all aspects of an assignment independently. Incumbent typically has 4-7 years of industry experience.
IV. Capable of managing the most complex and demanding assignments with diverse scope. Solid knowledge of Company application(s) and Company software product(s) and other instrumentation within the context of software development; can translate product concepts into code design. Capable of managing all aspects of an assignment independently. Serves as technical mentor to less experienced staff. Incumbent typically has a minimum of seven years of industry experience.
This is a direct hire position in the Reno, NV area with a large company with excellent benefits and oppty to advance. Salary to start @ up to $85k DOE. If qualified, send resume to kirk.Hastings@lkjordan.Com.