Sweetwater, TX 79556
Quality Manager Sweetwater, TX
Confidential is seeking qualified professionals to consider for their Quality Manager opportunity to manage all aspects of quality for the gypsum products manufactured; including conformance to specifications and identifying and addressing any gaps in quality for their manufacturing operation located in Sweetwater, TX. This position provides a strategic leadership and is responsible for managing Quality Management System and delivering Key Value Drivers by executing the Manufacturing Quality Plan throughout the Sweetwater operation.
A Day in The Life Typically Includes:
- Actively participate in Facility Safety initiatives.
- Apply Operational Excellence Strategy and Market Based Management (MBM ) Principles for managing and continuous improvement of Quality Systems and Processes.
- Identify and understand customer requirements. Maintain good customer communication and relationships; strive to meet or exceed customer satisfaction expectations.
- Work with Manufacturing, R&D and the corporate Quality teams to ensure that product specifications meet consumer/customer needs while being consistent with manufacturing capability.
- Lead trials related to quality improvement, new product commercialization, cost saving initiatives and reduction of variation in process and product quality.
- Lead RCA (Root Cause Analysis) of customer complaints and manufacturing waste (including significant data analysis and calculations).
- Develop knowledge systems and measurements that help the business make profitable decisions (SPC, Process Control tools, etc.).
- Conduct periodic audits to ensure that procedures are appropriately being followed.
- Provide leadership and coaching to employees through a shared vision for the operation.
- Manage Quality Test lab. Lead and coach hourly direct reports (quality lab technicians).