Robstown, TX 78380 US
Purchaser for a Manufacturing Company, main commodities are pipe, tubing, plate, bolting, gaskets, and fittings. Vendor base is established so the buyer role would mainly be in executing purchase orders, vendor issues and interaction with Production, Material Control and occasionally Engineering.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Prepare purchase orders for procurement of products .
- Verifies specifications of purchase requests.
- Consults catalogs and interviews suppliers to obtain prices and specifications.
- Writes purchase order and sends copy to supplier.
- Computes total cost of items purchased.
- Confers with suppliers concerning late deliveries.
- Verifies bills from suppliers with bids and purchase orders and approves bills for payment.
- Ability to load and unload trucks with forklift and overhead crane.
- Working with estimating and engineers to fulfill material bid for upcoming projects.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Purchasing experience
- Working experience in manufacturing industry
- Must have strong communication and analytical skills as well as a thorough knowledge of purchasing practices, cost analysis and negotiation skills.
- Proficient computer skills in MS office
Pay is $22/hr
To apply please email your resume to denise.Cox@lkjordan.Com
LK Jordan is an equal opportunity employer.