Project Engineer - Logistics - San Antonio
San Antonio, TX 78259
- Collaborates with affected departments during gated Front-End Loading (Apprise, Select and Define stages where projects are initiated, concepts selected and front-end definitions developed) to prepare estimates, schedules, business benefits, and environmental/health/safety impacts. Participates in technical reviews to ensure detailed engineering meets corporate engineering standards. Develops project feasibility and economic analysis to determine viability. Prepares decision support packages for review and approval by management.
- Completes steady state and dynamic hydraulic evaluations to determine the most cost effective options of achieving customer-driven requests for service.
- Completes hydraulic evaluations of gas gathering systems, compressor sizing, hydration unit sizing, gas plant and fractionation unit design and sizing.
- Collaborates with Project Controls on project administration (scheduling, estimating, cost management, schedule management, etc.) so that project resources are optimized.
- Coordinates with Procurement in development of contracting plan, including engineering and execution resources.
- Works with Right of Way and Environmental teams to complete advance land acquisition or easements, assessments and applications as needed to expedite long lead permitting activities.
- Identifies risk factors and ranks as of level of threat posed to project' s success during technical and location-oriented risk assessment. Develops and implements risk response plan to monitor and control risks throughout project lifecycle.
- Monitors project performance during Project Execution stage to ensure project meets agreed scope, cost and time parameters in safe and environmentally sound manner.
- Maintains accurate and current project documentation. Works with Document Management team to accumulate record drawings and asset data.
- Works with regional engineers and operations personnel, corporate SME, drafting personnel, and estimator(s) to develop standard or typical installation details with associated standardized installation cost and installation time frame to support rapid development of cost estimates.
- Minimum undergraduate degree in engineering required.
- Minimum 10 years experience in Terminal, Pipeline project and Project Management with a major oil and gas or transmission company is required.
- Extensive prior experience in capital projects for DOT liquid and/or gas pipelines is required.
- Broad knowledge in terminal and pipelines design and construction, industry standards, equipment design and selection (tanks, pumps, compressors, meters, etc.), including at least a fair understanding of electrical, instrumentation, and control s for midstream type installations is preferred.
Email resume to: rosa.Berry@lkjordan.Com