Parsippany, NJ 07054 US
The post-closing coordinator ensures closed files are reviewed promptly, review signed settlement documents for accuracy for disbursement, obtaining funding authorization, verifying account information for wiring of proceeds, review of ledger accuracy and lastly, submitting conveyance and lender documents for recording.
Post-closing is also responsible for overseeing the payoff of mortgages and/or judgments on property, collected for at closing, also handling with obtaining and paying the final water/sewer readings, any homeowner s association or condominium dues collected at settlement along with a copy of the final Settlement Statement and specific forms, required. Commissions for agents, legal fees for attorneys and any additional vendor/service fees shall be disbursed in timely fashion.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Review of lender prepared documents for closing prior to providing to closer for accuracy of title, vesting and content to be signed;
- Oversee compliance with company policies and ensure the title and lender are listed accurately on all paperwork;
- Prepare final closing paperwork and closing package to provide to closer for signing, including checks for disbursement at closing table;
- Review ledger for balancing, ensuring checks prepared are correctly prepared, payee information and address appropriate per disbursement instructions, review account & ABA information for proceeds and payoff delivery;
- Retrieve documents from closing table via closer to submit for lender review and funding approval;
- Work with counsel, agents and settlement officers in obtaining additional requirements per lender instructions for closing;
- Distribute disbursements and signed documents in a timely manner via overnight shipment and applicable standard mailing practices;
- Facilitate procurement of recording instruments obtained from closing, such as Deed, Mortgage, Assignment, UCC and any/all applicable documents.
- Maintaining and disbursing escrows, maintaining and disbursing post settlement occupancy deposits, returning signed original documents to the lender and answering and resolving all potential post-closing issues or questions.
Skills and abilities required:
- Critical communication and interpersonal adeptness;
- Time management and critical thinking competency;
- Compliance of banking and insurance understanding;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Strong customer service and client relationship abilities;
- Ability to work in a dynamic workflow environment;
- Strong software, office infrastructure and overall confidence utilizing dedicated software abilities.
- Experience with real estate lending and/or title settlement services preferred.
Our most successful Candidates come from referrals, so if this position doesn t look like a great opportunity for you - but you happen to know or have coached this special talent - please forward this email to them or refer me their name in confidence. Thank you for your consideration!
L.K. Jordan & Associates is and equal opportunity employers .