Houston, TX 77079
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that financial records are kept in accordance with U.S. GAAP and all appropriate records are retained
- Oversee and perform month-end, quarterly and yearly accounting closing processes to ensure results are timely and accurate: Financial statements, supplemental reports and related analysis to facilitate monthly management review and decision-making
- Coordinate and Manage the annual audit of the Financial Statements.
- Oversee and comply with Federal and local tax filings.
- Lead and train the E&P accounting staff related to AP, AR, JIB, Revenue, GL, Banking, AFE cost management, revenue recognition, expense review, impairment forecast, ARO to ensure accurate and timely processing.
- Ensure all internal controls are in place and complied with, and that policies are in accordance with reporting requirements, compliance rules and regulations
- Coordinate critical and complex financial analysis to evaluate variances, productivity analysis and operational efficiencies.
- Collect all applications related to renew corporate insurance policies.
- Support Controller for undertaking ad-hoc accounting projects/reports
- Support Controller for managing staff accountants
- 10+ years of accounting experience in Oil & Gas industry(operator)
- 5+ years of experience in a related role (e.G. Assistant Controller or Controller)
- Bachelor s degree, 4 years degree required in Accounting or Finance
- CPA certification required
- Financial reporting and analysis experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent organizational, planning and leadership skills and able to meet established deadlines
- Ability to independently identify and solve problems
- Ability to mentor and train a team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while ensuring accuracy
- Proven experience with internal controls and auditing
- Comprehensive knowledge of U.S. GAAP and practices
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and work independently
- Orientation to detail and accuracy
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- OGSYS experience preferred
- Advanced MS Excel skills
Dont wait -- apply today by emailing goran.Stojcic@lkjordan.Com!