Houston, TX 77041
TEMP TO HIRE
MON - FRI 9A-6P OVERTIME AND SATURDAYS AS NEEDED
MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE WAREHOUSE; FORKLIFT, OVERHEAD CRANE, ORDER PULLING PREFERABLY IN STEEL OR METAL INDUSTRY AND OK WITH CONSISTENT PHYSICAL LIFTING 50-75 LBS.
Job Statement / Purpose
Adhere to SSLP procedures and maintain the highest degree of quality and customer service, meeting and exceeding our customers expectations on a daily basis. The Steel Warehouseman is responsible for filling orders accurately in a safe and timely manner while assisting and maintaining customer satisfaction. Must work well with others.
1. Filling order for customer per pick ticket instructions, double checking size, grade, quantity and heat numbers.
2. Must be able to communicate effectively, read and follow all customer special instructions listed on pick tickets.
3. Pulling material for transfers.
4. Loading and unloading of incoming and outgoing trucks.
5. Cutting materials for stock and for customers using saws, shear, iron worker and burning table.
6. Double checking orders and ensuring correct materials are pulled for each order.
7. Fill out required paperwork, customer labels and equipment inspection reports.
8. Operate all equipment in a safe and responsible manner, report safety concerns to your Supervisor and maintain a clean and safe work area.
1. Operate forklifts and cranes to move material
2. Display the ability to use basic measuring devices, including tape measure and micrometers
3. Use of PPE as required
Minimum Requirements and skills
HS diploma or equivalent
Ability to pass a background and drug/alcohol screen
Ability to stand, lift, climb and perform various other physical functions
Must be able to handle, lift and carry steel parts up to 75 lbs.
Position requires and complete physical agility, mobility and dexterity
Display the ability to accurately use basic math skills
Ability to read pick tickets, tape measurers, and other measuring devices.
Ability to read and communicate effectively in English.
HIRING NOW! PLEASE SEND RESUME TO TW@LKJORDAN.COM
**WILL PERFORM BACKGROUND AND DRUG SCREEN ON SITE**
L.K. JORDAN & ASSOCIATES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER