Corpus Christi, TX 78413
Diagnose and perform minor and routine maintenance/repair involving the following on a daily basis:
- Electrical and plumbing
- A/C and heating systems
- Water irrigation systems
- Stair, gates, fences, patios, railing
- Tile, carpet, flooring
- Roofing, gutters, fasteners
- Interior and exterior lights, ceiling fans
- Gas fixtures and appliances
- Shutters, doors, cabinets, windows, sliding glass doors
- Boiler, gas and electrics
- Door locks, mailboxes and locks
- Security systems and fire protection equipment
- Ceiling leaks
- Ensure vacant properties are restored to rent ready status in a timely manner and in accordance with the Company s standards.
- Make certain grounds are kept neat and free of litter. Rake, sweep, shovel as circumstances warrant.
- Maintain accurate records in accordance with the policies and procedures of the Company regarding EPA/OSHA standards, preventative maintenance, service requests received and completed, expenditures, apartment make-ready status, work-in-progress, etc.
- Monitor the physical condition of the property and immediately report and correct unsafe conditions, i.E. Broken windows, broken steps, open holes, broken/burned out exterior lights, broken doors, etc.
- Report all major repairs and requisitions to the Property Manager prior to any expenditure of funds. Utilize budgetary and other financial information for planning and making recommendations for purchases and other maintenance activities.
- Maintain maintenance shop so that it is safe, clean and well organized, with adequate inventory of spare parts and maintenance materials to handle most common repairs and situations and ensuring all tools and equipment are properly stored and well-maintained at all times.
- Identify all utility meter cut-offs, fixture cut-offs, and sewer clean-outs. Communicate these to the community team members and maintain a map indicating these locations.
- Coordinate and oversee all work by sub-contractors. Ensure that all make-ready repairs and services are completed correctly and on schedule. Utilize budgetary, staffing and other relevant data to determine and make solid decisions regarding the need for sub-contracted work.
- Wear and utilize personal protective equipment at all times during work hours and ensure that all maintenance team members do the same.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot corrective maintenance problems, including basic maintenance, plumbing, electric, HVAC, appliances, carpentry, roofing, etc.
- Maintain a consistent awareness of property occupancy, notices to vacate and seasonal trends to identify upcoming staffing, supply and make-ready needs. Identify, suggest, and implement solutions to meet those needs.
- Seek out and utilize available internal and external resources, such as sister properties, education, vendors, sub-contractors, etc. To meet goals and objectives.
- Set and uphold high standards of honesty for self and team members. Can be trusted with Company property, confidential information, and tenant possessions when entering occupied apartments.
- Must have a positive attitude
- Minimum 2 years experience is required
- EPA Certification (Desired, but not required)
LK Jordan is an equal opportunity employer.