Sweetwater, TX 79556
Maintenance Manager Sweetwater, TX
Confidential is seeking qualified professionals to consider for their Maintenance Manager opportunity to support its
Gypsum Wallboard Plant in Sweetwater, TX.
The Maintenance Manager is responsible for planning, directing, and guiding the business goals, plans, and processes for the maintenance department. This leader will use knowledge to develop and carry out objectives, solve problems, and be able to respond to short-term as well as long term mill goals.
The successful candidate will provide leadership and direction to the maintenance department to ensure that the mill maintenance is meeting the objectives in safety, quality, cost, and customer service. The candidate will lead and support preventative maintenance programs, and provide technical support for troubleshooting, to minimize down time and maximize process efficiencies. Lead and support continuous improvement processes through decision making, employee involvement, systems and training
A Day in The Life Typically Includes:
Drive safety excellence through promoting employee involvement, ownership, and accountability to proactively identify hazards and implement the appropriate mitigating strategies based on the risk involved; monitor the quality of craftwork and provide direction to crew members to maximize efficiency; assist with troubleshooting production issues; provide safety training to crew members; coaching; team development/performance management; data entry and completing/generating reports.
What You Will Need:
- A Bachelor's Degree or higher
- 3 or more years of engineering work experience within industrial management, manufacturing, and production or operations management.
- 3 or more years of experience in a maintenance field.
- 2 or more years of supervisory/management experience.
- Effective working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, and ability to learn various PC-based production and maintenance reporting systems applications.
- A minimum of two (2) years' experience in leading improvement efforts in Reliability, Predictive and Preventive Maintenance, and Precision Maintenance
- A minimum of two (2) years' experience utilizing Root Cause Analysis (RCA) or other similar problem-solving tools.
- Able to read mechanical, structural and electrical drawings
- Two (2) years experience planning and scheduling maintenance activities
- Two (2) years basic accounting and financial knowledge
- Analytical and field troubleshooting skills
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Bachelor's Degree in mechanical engineering
- Certification as a Maintenance Reliability Professional
- Experience with manufacturing methods and continuous improvement processes
- Experience using a Computerized Maintenance Manufacturing System (CMMS)
- Knowledge of maintenance best practices and approaches utilized in a manufacturing environment,
- Familiar with OSHA Process Safety Management (PSM) and Voluntary Protection Programs (VPP)
- Proven ability to build and align a team around a shared vision
Why Work For CONFIDENTIAL?
- A culture that places top priority on integrity and compliance
- Opportunity for career growth at one of the largest, financially stable companies in the world
- Encouragement to challenge the status quo and share knowledge
- Responsibilities and rewards based on contributions
- Continued company growth due to reinvesting 90% of our earnings
- Competitive pay and benefits that help you manage your personal and financial wellness
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify.
Please email resumes and inquiries to Sherri Garza at sherri.Garza@lkjordan.Com