Robstown, TX 78380 US
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Sets up job(s) to be drilled.
- Keep log of time spent on jobs.
- Operates manual vertical boring mill, lathe, drill press and milling machines.
- Creates ring grooves and reams holes.
- Check hole dimensions as required.
- Sharpens drill bits, removes shavings as needed, refills coolant tank as needed.
- Performs assigned tasks in a safe manner, avoiding all unsafe practices.
- Performs internal quality control of drilling procedures and associated record-keeping and documentation.
- Sets up and perform jobs based on established shop procedures.
- Assist in Tool Room as well as Shipping & Receiving as necessary and performing associated record keeping.
- Maintain work area in a clean and orderly environment.
- Other duties as assigned by supervision.
- Knowledge of machining practices.
- Experience in a job shop environment.
- VMC (vertical machining center) or bridge mill experience
- Working knowledge of raw materials know the difference between stainless steel, carbon, duplex, etc.
- Able to set up & build required machine tooling to complete the job
- Familiar with machinist scales.
- Skills- Must be able to read and write English; demonstrated command of basic math skills; read and interpret measuring devises, read and interpret drawings. Convert fractions to decimals, able to read machinist scales,
- Required Tools- Steel tape, center punch, hammer, 12 scale, 0-1 micrometer, 6 dividers, square and center head, 12 adjustable wrench, telescoping gauges, hex key wrenches, trammel points, tool box.
- Optional Tools- Micrometer (0-1 & 1-2), Inside micrometers up to 6", 24"-36" scale
Required - High School or better
Preferred - Technical/other training or better
Must be able to pass a background check and drug screen.
Pay is $22/hr
To apply please email your resume to denise.Cox@lkjordan.Com
LK Jordan is an equal opportunity employer.