San Antonio, TX 78212 US
Prefer this Attorney to have more of a municipal background (city, county, Govt, ESD etc), appellant experience,
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the following essential functions:
- Conducting discovery, including issuing subpoenas, conducting interviews, and reviewing documents.
- Negotiating with opposing counsel on discovery disputes and scheduling.
- Drafting pleadings and discovery requests.
- Responding to discovery requests.
- Preparing witnesses for depositions and court appearances.
- Communicating with clients throughout the litigation process to keep them informed about the status of their cases and any new developments.
- Conducting research on legal issues.
- Presenting cases in court by oral and written argument.
- Regular, reliable, and punctual attendance to all job assignments, meetings and appearances.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school.
- Licensed and in good standing with the State Bar of Texas.
- Minimum of 3 years of litigation experience.
- Texas driver s license, valid car insurance, and no arrests in past five years.
- Work history with a civil litigation firm or district attorney s office preferred.
- Knowledge of civil and criminal procedures and rules of evidence.
- Ability to communicate and present analysis and information both orally and in writing in a clear and effective manner.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with police officials and all levels of city employees and other governmental agencies.
- Ability to track multiple job assignments by prioritizing, calendaring, and executing the job assignments, and ability to keep supervising attorney up-to-speed on all job assignments.
- Ability to effectively keep track of time spent on each task and job assignment and enter that time accurately and timely for billing purposes.
- Ability to travel using personal vehicle during the week, on weekends, and in the evenings for client meetings, interviewing witnesses, and professional conferences.
- Ability to work with a team, to jump into tasks and provide support, and to delegate and communicate effectively with co-workers on job assignments.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to exercise good judgement and reasoning skills.
- Professionalism at all times.
- Possess a high level of moral character and honesty.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office based, and Adobe based applications.
The office environment is one of teamwork and applicant must be able to effectively work in a team-based environment. Employee has the option of a standing or sitting desk and music is kept at a reasonable level. The work environment is stressful at times and employee regularly attends municipal court and public meetings, which can be emotionally charged at times.
For a Confidential Conversation regarding this outstanding career opportunity please contact: Roy Campbell | 210.541.0471 or to apply please send your resume to roy.Campbell@lkjordan.Com
Our most successful Candidates come from referrals, so if this position doesn t look like a great opportunity for you - but you happen to know or have coached this special talent - please forward this email to them or refer me their name in confidence. Thank you for your consideration!
L.K. Jordan & Associates is and equal opportunity employers .