Corpus Christi, TX 78401 US
policies and procedures. Maintains positive contact with clients, attorneys and staff and observes confidentiality of
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Screens telephone calls and records messages for attorneys
- Electronically files all emails and documents in appropriate client file in correct category.
- Receives, scans, saves to client files and emails all incoming mail for attorneys.
- Scans paper files and saves to client files; prepares closed file sheets; obtains signature from attorney in occurrence with the closed file procedure.
- Receives clients and visitors; maintains good public relations with clients; observes confidentiality of attorney-client relationship; prepares conference room for attorney and clients before and after clients in the office.
- Prepares correspondence, memoranda and other legal documents from written and oral drafts; drafts standard correspondence, and other documents
- Handles other general secretarial request from attorneys and legal assistant when requested.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Proficient computer skills, including Office 365, Word, Excel and Outlook
- Candidate must be detailed oriented, maintain confidential information, work as a team and also independently.
- Ability to read and write in order to proof and perform minor editing (e.G., punctuation, grammar, spelling) of routine law office correspondence and legal case matters.
- Approximately one to two years on the job experience necessary in order to gain an understanding of law office policies and procedures and produce accurate legal documents with minimal supervision.
- Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to communicate and follow instructions effectively from a diverse group of clients, attorneys and staff to provide information with ordinary courtesy and tact.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to communicate in person, by e-mail and telephone to provide information with ordinary courtesy and tact.
Pay is $19/hr plus depending on experience.
Great benefits offered as well.
This is a temp to hire opportunity.
To apply please email your resume to denise.Cox@lkjordan.Com
LK Jordan is an equal opportunity employer.