Industrial Maintenance Mechanic
Midlothian, TX 76065
The Industrial Maintenance Mechanic maintains production and quality by ensuring operation of machinery and mechanical equipment as well as maintain plant facilities. The Industrial Maintenance Mechanic also may assemble, repair and fabricate parts by operating mechanical equipment.
- Performs all maintenance, repair, service and troubleshooting of all industrial equipment and buildings within his/her capabilities and under the direction of the Maintenance Manager;
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, production machines, presses and auxiliary equipment, following technical drawings and documentation to include diagrams, sketches, operation manuals, manufacturer s instructions, and engineering specifications;
- Maintains equipment, parts and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed equipment, parts and supplies, communicating order needs with Maintenance Manager;
- Operate Forklift and Bus;
- Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests;
- Prepares technical knowledge reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends;
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing technical publications, establishing personal networks;
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities and continuing needs;
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures and regulations;
- Maintain departmental housekeeping standards;
- Train new employees which includes the co-development of standard operating procedures and instructional material and manuals;
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed;
- To exercise the utmost degree of integrity, honesty, good faith and fidelity to the Company, in dealing with the Company and with its customers, employees, suppliers and other public entities;
- Provide other reasonable services as the Company may request from time to time.
- Performance Management
- Technical Understanding
- Manages uncertainty and finds solutions
- Self-motivated and Confidence
- Equipment Maintenance
- Attention to Detail
- Teamwork Orientation
- Creativity and latitude
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Communication Proficiency
The job operates in all areas of the facility and work will require exposure to loud noises, machines, fumes, heat/cold, sparks, metal dust and industrial moving parts in the plant facility.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and must require assistance if lifting/or moving over 50 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Hours of work are based on a rotating shift schedule up to 40 hours with routine weekend work depending on company internal and external project demands.