Housing Assistant Specialists
San Antonio, TX 78204 US
- Conducts interviews with clients to obtain information required to determine eligibility for the Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) Program, establish client s portion of rent, and complete internal forms processing in a timely manner.
- Processes amendments to the Housing Assistance Payments (HAP) Contract, between the organization and the landlord, to reflect changes in family composition or income and during recertifications in a timely manner.
- Executes HAP Contracts with property landlords after receiving approved Housing Quality Standards (HQS) Inspection reports within established time parameters.
- Generates HAP, adjustments to HAP, and overpayment to landlords after reviewing HAP amount.
- Maintains client s file integrity in accordance with privacy and confidentiality laws and regulations.
- Maintains working knowledge of Special Programs and Move-to-Work (MTW) Programs processes and procedures.
- Translates program procedures to participants to ensure proper explanation of participant s responsibilities in the program.
- Investigates unreported income by reviewing participant s file and analyzing past fluctuations in income and expenses.
- Terminates participants in system; closes out files, reviews files for possible termination, makes decision based on policies and procedures to continue with termination, closes out portability files when client is absorbed, processes portability billing and runs reports (i.E. EIV Reports, etc.) to ensure proper processing of terminations.
- Manages financial accounts for other Public Housing Authorities (PHAs) when billing for participants who report to the organization.
- Reviews accepted forms and participant information, including employment and earnings, for completeness and accuracy, and corrects information if necessary.
- Responds timely to inquiries from owners, clients and the general public by providing general information about the Assisted Housing Programs and resolves client concerns regarding housing assistance and HAP for clients and owners in a timely manner.
- Researches information received through the Enterprise Income Verification (EIV) system and/or other third party sources to determine program fraud and program abuse and prepares documentation for fraud investigations.
- Maintains a working knowledge of policies and procedures established by the organization and the U.S. Department of Urban Housing and Development (HUD) and applies the rules regulations to daily tasks.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Associate s Degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school; an additional two (2) years of experience may be considered in lieu of the degree requirement. Bachelor s Degree preferred with college course work in social work, sociology or related field.
- Two (2) years of experience involving case management, client services and/or experience in social work.
- Successful completion of a criminal history background check, education, and work history verification, and drug screening test.
- Knowledge of housing programs/ Housing Choice Voucher Specialist Certification is a plus!
- Bilingual speaker and writer in English and Spanish.
- Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver' s license.
To apply, please submit resume to ashley.Franco@lkjordan.Com
L.K. Jordan & Associates are an equal opportunity employer.