Raleigh, NC 27650
We are in the market for a General Superintendent for Raleigh, North Carolina. This will be an opportunity for someone to start working with a project at the Raleigh Durham airport, but if they are good, they will quite likely quickly be able to move to a regional operations manager.
We are looking for someone with airport experience and strong concrete experience. This person will be hands on, but we want them to be able to step back, set up a schedule and then make sure that we follow it. They have to be connected enough to know where to find solid non-union labor when we need it.
Ideally if we can find someone who really wants to be in the Carolina s and establish a base there. Maybe someone who is traveling a lot but wants to put down roots without going from state to state.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Supervises, plans and develops systems and procedures to improve the operating quality and efficiency of the crews.
- Assists in long and short-term schedule of crews.
- Assists project managers in the coordination of project schedules, documentation and overall cost management.
- Assists Senior Project Managers in analyzing monthly cost-to-completes.
- Assists crews in meeting and/or exceeding productivity and quality goals.
- Tracks labor/production, analyzes weekly labor reports and meets with Operations Manager and others to review and discuss.
- Assists in the analysis and preparation of paperwork, as needed.
- Analyzes and documents processes and issues and develops solutions to enhance efficiencies.
- Assists in division equipment maintenance, rental and purchasing.
- Assists in training and coaching employees.
- Helps establish job logistics, such as dump site/waste area, equipment drop locations, water, truck routes, etc.
- Assists in estimating.
- Complies with all safety rules and regulations.
Supervises up to 40-60 employees directly and through subordinate supervisors. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the company policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints; and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor s degree in Construction Management/Engineering or at least 10 years of experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have FAA experience with airport construction.
Ability to solve complex problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Microsoft Office Suite products, including Word and Excel preferred
- Estimating and scheduling software knowledge preferred
Other Skills and Abilities
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize required
- Effective verbal and written communication skills required
- Proven leadership and employee management skills required
please send updated resume to roy.Campbell@lkjordan.Com