Food Preparation Coordinator
Corpus Christi, TX 78404 US
- Coordinate and oversee all areas of food services operations in a residential setting ensuring strict cleanliness and safety procedures are maintained.
- Assist residents with meal preparation and the daily operations of food service in the facility.
- Develop, plan and maintain menus and create shopping list accordingly.
- Procure and receive food items, monitor inventory levels, and rotate inventory utilizing first in first out inventory controls
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly and check quality of food products ensuring items are to acceptable standards.
- Set up workstations with all needed ingredients and cooking equipment.
- Supervise the residents in the daily cleaning of food preparation and food storage areas by conducting daily inspections for cleanliness.
- Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and in excellent working conditions through personal inspection.
- Identify areas for quality improvement, cost reduction and food sustainability.
- Manage large quantities of food products in a cost-effective manner ensuring minimal waste.
- Receive food donations and coordinate food donations to clients to include pickup and delivery of donations as needed.
- Maintain professional conduct
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED required.
QUALIFICATIONS: Current Texas Food Manager s License required; Minimum of 1 year of experience preparing meals in large quantities preferably in a community setting, rehabilitation/nursing setting, or correctional setting; Experience with kitchen sanitation and safety regulations; Procurement experience and a wide knowledge of meal preparation techniques and menus; high level of personal integrity, diplomacy, discretion, and tact is necessary; strong team work skills and ability to establish rapport with diverse populations needed; highly organized, flexible, and able to manage multiple priorities with ability to work with minimal supervision and meet deadlines; some travel requiring a valid driver s license; non-traditional hours required to include nights and weekends. Must have current Texas Driver' s License and Automobile Insurance.
To apply please email your resume to denise.Cox@lkjordan.Com or call 361-249-9318
LK Jordan is an equal opportunity employer.