Financial Reporting Manager
Houston, TX 77079
The Financial Reporting Director will be directly responsible for managing the preparation of our IFRS filings, including all quarterly and annual filings, and coordination with our legal team with respect to the Proxy Statement and miscellaneous filings.
In this position you will:
- Prepare IFRS Quarterly and Annual Reports on and manage the internal and external review for these documents
- Prepare quarterly earnings release
- Create and maintain a reporting calendar to inform parties of necessary deadline adherence for the following processes: financial close, BOD package, press release and annual/ quarterly reports.
- Monitor and ensure timely identification and compliance with evolving accounting guidance, provide IFRS interpretation and prepare technical memorandums that document issues in a clear, logical and comprehensive manner
- Communicate and explain accounting issues and evolving accounting guidance to the management team
- Manage communications with external auditors on external financial statements and accounting issues to ensure auditor agreement with company decisions on accounting disclosures, and issues
- Assist in the coordination of annual audit and quarterly review activities of external auditors
- Prepare and monitor international accounting and issue identification and resolution
- Create, implement and maintain comprehensive worldwide accounting policy documents to improve clarity and consistency
- Implement and maintain reporting procedures to comply with internal control requirements
- Perform continuous assessment of the close process and process re-engineering to reduce the timing to close the financial period
- Support month end and year end closing
- Journal entries to be prepared -
- Asset Retirement entries
- Depletion entries
- Inventory entries
- Maintain and prepare forecast templates. These templates are two-year cash flow templates, which are updated monthly with actuals and revisions to the budget.
- Participation in the budget process.
- Participate in other projects as required
- Bachelor' s degree or higher in Accounting
- CPA with at least 10 years of experience, with heavy exposure to IFRS, financial reporting, financial projections and budgeting.
- An excellent knowledge of IFRS rules and regulations is required combined with the ability to research and propose company positions on complex accounting issues
- International accounting and issue recognition experience;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage well through ambiguity and complexity
- Ability to execute and follow-through to completion and documentation
TO APPLY PLEASE EMAIL YOUR RESUME TO GORAN.STOJCIC@LKJORDAN.COM .