Houston, TX 77027 US
Minimum of 5 years of experience
We are seeking a qualified accountant to lead our US finance team in Houston. The ideal candidate will have 2 years relevant experience within a commercial environment or from practice, and will be highly IT literate, able to use a range of IT systems including MS packages with experience of using Infor SunSystems and / or Workday Financials desirable.
- Responsible for all aspects of the finance function of our US Group.
- Maintain accurate accounting records and prepare accounts information.
- Ensure all month end journals are posted into the finance system (SUN/Workday Financial) and ledger.
- Review accruals, prepayments and journals as part of month end.
- Prepare and review accurate financial results in line with Group reporting deadlines along with narratives to explain results for relevant entities.
- Ensure the timely submission of monthly and ad hoc returns for the Group and its subsidiaries.
- Prepare monthly management accounts and annual financial statements.
- Ensure local accounting policies are documented and in compliance with the latest Accounting Standards and the Group s accounting policies.
- Liaise with auditors (internal or external).
- Ensure satisfactory completion of financial audits.
- Manage budgets and analyze risk.
- Comfortable handling multi-state (TX, NY, CT, and FL) and federal tax issues, including payments, filings and provisions in coordination with external tax advisors.
- Liaise with clients, suppliers, senior management, and colleagues.
- Negotiate terms with local suppliers.
- Manage a small team of junior colleagues
- Providing cover for colleagues in their absence.
- Support with the planning and coordination of ad hoc project work across the wider Group finance team.
- Additional /Ad Hoc duties as required to meet the needs of the business.
To apply please email resume to: rosa.Berry@lkjordan.Com