Dispatcher - NIGHTS
San Antonio, TX 78232
- Schedules loads to unloading stations as assigned, along with optimizing routing for all drivers.
- Assigns load requests to drivers and notified all drivers of their loads for the day.
- Reassigns drivers to new drop-off destination, as needed.
- Provides drivers with directions when not provided in the database.
- Reviews the previous days load requests for missing or erroneous information.
- Verifies if loads were picked up or not.
- Confirms and enters 3 rd party loads to be hauled each day and sends emails to the 3 rd parties, copying the other members of dispatch team.
- Schedules drivers within hours of service not to exceed 14 ours based on DOT regulations.
- Uses Drivers Dispatch schedule Report to determine how many Drivers are available for each area.
- Receives incoming phone calls, and Emails form customers for load requests; enters load information in a timely matter.
- Enters load information, including Lease number, Tank to be hauled, and Pumper Comments.
- Enters an updates driving direction for all new and existing leases; contacts the District Office with issues on directions.
- Contacts Marketing and transportation Management, for missing information, including specific location of a lease.
- HS Diploma/GED
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in HAZMAT Transportation Industry, strongly preferred.
- Ability to work overtime as necessary.
- Strong computer literacy (Microsoft Office Suite)