National - VP of Commercial Construction
Austin, TX 78704
The National role of VP of Commercial Construction will report to the company Co-Founder and will be responsible for all facets of the commercial construction division across markets. Looking for a self-driven, results oriented individual to build out and manage this growing team.
Top candidates for Vice President of Commercial Construction position will have extensive experience in the full life cycle of construction project management, including budgeting, bidding, contracting, and project close-out / delivery, as well as experience in operating a General Contractor or GC Division. The ability to create and implement processes across divisions, manage construction operations, assess talent, and develop team members are critical to the success of this role.
- Lead and manage all aspects of commercial construction department to meet project goals (schedule, budget, quality, customer experience).
- Work with other market teams to evaluate commercial construction hires and contracting (if GC path is chosen), implement commercial construction processes, and provide input on hard cost budgets and VE process for projects.
- Mentor and develop construction team personnel.
- Establish construction processes and SOPs for all aspects and responsibilities of the commercial construction team (schedule creation, precon services, bidding/contracting, RFI/submittals, close-out, etc).
- Facilitate integration of commercial construction processes within existing systems, requires coordination with various department heads while identifying and exploiting possible synergies.
- Manage preconstruction services on pipeline projects until such time that the responsibility can be managed by other commercial construction team personnel.
- Investigate, plan, and implement strategies for creating value with hard cost spend while maintaining quality and design aesthetic (strategic partnerships with regional subs, self-performing work, work with design teams to inform best practices for commercial projects, etc.
- Support and maintain close alignment with each market Division President to ensure project execution (schedule, budget, quality).
- Frequent travel to oversee and support various projects.
Our ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Desire to work in a forward thinking, innovative environment, where managers and leaders are consistently evaluating processes and performance for improvements.
- Driven to find creative business solutions to obstacles where no typical answer exists.
- 10 years experience in commercial project management, and GC operations.
- 5 years experience of leading teams in senior leadership role (Senior, Director, VP).
- Bachelor s degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or related field.
- LEED, LEAN, AIA, EIT or PE, CHC and/or other related industry accreditations preferred.
- Experience with and monitoring of monthly management reports (i.E. Customer satisfaction, schedule reporting, quality inspections, and budgets).
- Proven track record of holding subcontractors accountable to established policies and procedures, quality standards, scheduling criteria, and scopes of work.
- Knowledge of and relationships with local trades that translate to our product types.
- Extensive knowledge of OSHA policies and procedures, ability to drive health and safety compliance and lead in-house safety team. OSHA Certification preferred.
- Accuracy; keen attention to detail.
- Experience in evaluating, hiring and leading teams.
- Prior history of working directly with engineering and design departments or partners.
- Strong interpersonal skills to shepherd project/communities with diverse groups of internal and external stakeholders.
- Fosters a collegial environment toward a common goal of delivering a complete project to customers and stakeholders.
- Regular interaction and coordination with internal and external stakeholders to achieve operational goals.
- Ability to build a team, develop talent, coach, and motivate.
- Confidence in autonomy to make independent decisions.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and priorities across markets effectively.
- Self-starter, proactive and creative, takes initiative to address issues.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are a primary function. The position requires:
- Strong presentation skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively up/down company org chart
- Active negotiation skills and the ability to influence others and resolve problems in a positive manner.
- Ability to work with all types of stakeholders: Subordinates, peers, internal ownership, various internal business units, external consultants, public and governmental agencies.
- Ability to adapt/adjust to changing circumstances.
? Technical Skills:
- Have a proven track record of utilizing construction management software (Procore preferred).
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications with advanced skills in Excel.
- Advanced MS Project knowledge, with adherence to CPM scheduling practices/strategies.
- Time management, priority setting, and follow up is a must.
- Ability to create and implement work plans, prepare and analyze financial statements/documents, and compose professional letters.
- Ability to develop, implement, train, and manage systems.
Email resume to: rosa.Berry@lkjordan.Com