Civil Design Technician
Lawrence, KS 66049 US
The basic function of the Technician is to provide Civil 3D drafting and routine support to the other technicians and engineers.
Other basic functions include:
- Assist all professional staff in order to meet and fulfill the goals and objectives.
- Continue the education process by developing appropriate professional skills in order to become a reliable, independent employee.
- Experience: At least 1 year of Civil 3D experience is required.
- Skill, Knowledge and Abilities: Must have a developed expertise in the CAD system, as well as knowledge of the use of other office equipment. Reasonable math skills required. Able to follow instructions. Must also possess the ability to work long hours and see a project through to its completion. Must also be detail-oriented and have good interpersonal skills. Must be familiar with civil engineering methods and requirements.
- Analytical: Requires statistical and analytical knowledge using advanced math skills. The language requirements are reading, writing, spelling and the ability to communicate clearly in English.
- Working Conditions: The work is mostly conducted in the office. Occasional errands and trips to project sites will be required.
- Perform limited design tasks on street, storm, water and sanitary projects.
- Be proficient in the use of the Civil 3D software
- Accurately correct a red-lined set of drawings.
- Provide accurate quantity take-offs.
- Possess a detailed knowledge of drawing standards and details used on a regular basis.
- Prepare visual aids for presentations.
- Have knowledge of subdivision regulations and frequently used specifications.
- Assist other technicians and engineers as required.
- Maintain client contact on an occasional basis.
Our most successful Candidates come from referrals, so if this position doesn t look like a great opportunity for you - but you happen to know or have coached this special talent - please forward this email to them or refer me their name in confidence. Thank you for your consideration!
L.K. Jordan & Associates is and equal opportunity employers .