CNC Machinist II
3730 S Main Street Pearland, TX 77581 United States of America
Temp to hire role in zip code 77051
CNC Machinist II; night shift Hours: 4:00 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. Pay up to $25hr
Machinist Level 2
The Machinist will set-up and operate a CNC Lathe / Mill. The Machinist will implement all data entry systems and processes and will provide daily support for software programming applications.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Technical Skill Accountabilities:
• Demonstrates a good working knowledge of machine tooling applications and servicing. Works closely with other machinists to provide technical assistance to tooling related issues.
• Demonstrate working knowledge of processes necessary to complete all assigned task within the production schedule.
• Able to run manual and CNC equipment.
Manufacturing Process Accountabilities:
• Demonstrates a good working knowledge of machine equipment functions and servicing. Able to perform preventive maintenance as
• Demonstrates working knowledge of the process flow of parts through the manufacturing process.
• Fully understands and implements all data entry systems and processes. Capable of reading prints and drawings
• CNC – Has a good understanding of machine control interfaces. Provides daily support for software programming applications.
Displays a solid understanding of programming, editing and offset. Troubleshoots and resolves routing software issues.
• Ensures that individual performance supports the shop’s efforts at maintaining performance standards in the areas of safety, cost of scrap/rework, on time performance, direct labor hours, manufacturing $/hr. and overtime $/day
Quality Assurance Accountabilities:
• Demonstrates a thorough understanding of inspection equipment, their functions and uses in order to ensure that all manufactured
• parts are machined within tolerance limitations.
• Supports and participates in CIP processes.
• Capable of receiving in bar stock and verifying type, lengths and dimensions. Demonstrates a thorough understanding of ISO
• procedures and uses them to better manage work processes and identify problems.
• Maintains minimal scrap and rework on all manufactured parts. Reports all discrepancies to management immediately
Communication Skill Accountabilities:
• Demonstrates an advanced ability to communicate all manufacturing processes to peers and supervisors.
• Capable of communicating suspected equipment or tool failure in a timely manner.
• Demonstrates an ability to move to other areas of the shop as needed to include grinding, sawing, drilling material for other equipment as well as any other area of the shop as needed.
• Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of complex ergonomic issues in the workplace and able to perform detailed analysis to resolve
• them. Able to evaluate complex workplace injuries and provide resolution to them. Monitors reported injuries and recommends improvements to reduce injuries.
• Has thorough understanding of regulatory compliance in order to be aware of accident prevention.
• Actively participates and completes all company sponsored training venues as scheduled.
• Demonstrates thorough understanding of SDS’s and how to locate them. Capable of identifying PPE as related to one’s job, and what application it is used for.
• Consistently demonstrates the basic ability to clean up after self. Picks up trash and debris and dispose of it properly or places it where it will not pose a hazard to others.
• Keeps work area clean throughout the day. Stacks materials and supplies orderly and secures them so they don't topple. Disposes of combustibles and flammables properly. Follows all planned housekeeping schedules communicated by the Lead.
• Must be willing to work overtime as needed.
• Regularly lift and/or move objects up to 50 lbs.
Send resumes to Ana firstname.lastname@example.org
**Lk Jordan is an Equal opportunity employer