Corpus Christi, TX 784053399
Provides Design expertise to engineering through design, documentation and illustration of parts, assemblies and products. Provides layouts, fabrication drawings, part drawings and shop drawings. Provides drafting assistance to engineering, manufacturing and sales as required.
1. Responsible for design, development and prototyping of designated new and existing products.
2. Assists sales and marketing by supplying documentation and illustrations for new and existing products.
3. Designs and generates part and assembly drawings and job shop drawings.
4. Develop new designs and drawings from loosely defined concepts.
5. Correspond with customers to obtain door package requirements.
6. Generates Bills of Materials from assembly drawings and shop drawings.
7. Responsible for generating applicable engineering change orders, performs item setup in ERP system.
8. Assists manufacturing by cooperating in design of fixtures and fabrication drawings.
9. Performs other duties and responsibilities as requested by the Engineering Department Management.
10. Working under supervision is accountable for design and documentation of new and existing products, preparing drawings and information for special projects, fabrication and cladding as requested in a timely manner.
11. Operates within departmental annual budget.
12. Participates in the daily and weekly scheduling of engineering products.
13. Assists manufacturing engineering during new design prototyping
14. Works with outside vendors on new part specifications
15. Serves as technical reference to manufacturing personnel.
16. Create new fabrication drawings as required to support custom orders.
College level study of 2-4 years or 6-8 years of practical experience
5 years CAD design experience.
Requires an above average knowledge and understanding of mechanical concepts and must be able to communicate in written form and graphically (generate drawings in mechanical form).
Proficient in machine and architectural drawing
Experience with computer aided mechanical and architectural drawing technology.
Must possess computer proficiency in MS Office, Solidworks and AutoCAD.
Have a general working knowledge of a manufacturing facility ERP system.
Must perform well under stress and have the ability to multitask.
Physical/Work Environment Requirements
Assist in prototype setups
Have a general working knowledge of mechanical and electrical hand tools.
Will need a hands on approach to mechanical design work.
L.K. Jordan is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Resume to karen.Barnes@lkjorda.Com