Applied HVAC Estimator
San Antonio, TX 78216 US
The primary job function of the estimator is to provide cost estimating for our products on plan and spec projects focusing primarily on commercial HVAC. The candidate will work closely with our sales team reviewing plans and specifications, product takeoff, pricing products and quote preparation. Candidates will also collaborate with the engineering team to produce equipment selections for engineering firms.
Applied HVAC Estimator Responsibilities
- Reviewing mechanical plans and specifications to identify what products to bid on.
- Taking off all products from the plans and specifications to ensure an accurate scope.
- Selecting and configuring chillers, AHU and other commercial HVAC products
- Using estimating software programs to accurately price products
- Preparing detailed quotations
- Identifying risks
- Participating in bid reviews
- Technical writing
Applied HVAC Estimator Knowledge and Skills requirements
- Bachelor' s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- In lieu of degree, 5 years of experience in estimating; commercial HVAC
- Strong knowledge of commercial HVAC Systems
- Knowledge and understanding of Water- and Air-Cooled Chillers (including Centrifugal Chillers) and AHU s.
- Ability to read and understand psychrometric charts and understanding of the refrigerant cycle.
- Experience with Custom AHU s preferred.
- Ability to understand and read commercial mechanical plans.
- Attention to detail with the ability to recognize discrepancies.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Excellent organizational skills, accuracy, and dependability.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Self-starter with ability to problem solve and follow through with minimal supervision.
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Medical insurance: Base, Buy-up, or High Deductible plans
- Dental and Vision insurance
- Company paid $25, 000 Employee Term Life/AD&D coverage
- Voluntary Life, Long-Term Disability and Short-Term Disability insurance
- Option to participate in FSA or HSA plans
- Eligibility to participate in the 401(k) plan
- Company paid sick and vacation leave and holidays
$65, 000 - $85, 000 plus bonus
For a Confidential Conversation regarding this outstanding career opportunity please contact: Roy Campbell | 210.541.0471 or to apply please send your resume to roy.Campbell@lkjordan.Com
Our most successful Candidates come from referrals, so if this position doesn t look like a great opportunity for you - but you happen to know or have coached this special talent - please forward this email to them or refer me their name in confidence. Thank you for your consideration!
L.K. Jordan & Associates is and equal opportunity employers .