San Antonio, TX 78213
- Assist with basic financial and accounting tasks, including the management of accounts payable, accounts receivable, reconciliations, and other monthly reports. Post financial transactions to accounting systems.
- Analyze vendor invoices for accuracy. Review and code accounts payable vouchers for payment. Prepare accounts payable checks and maintain accounts payable files.
- Maintain fixed asset and prepaid/other asset records and systems.
- Assist with the proper coding and reconciliation of insurance carrier commission statements. Communicate with insurance carriers as needed to resolve commission payment issues. Assist with monitoring, collecting and resolving accounts receivable aging items.
- Reconcile expenditures and account groups to ensure subsidiary amounts agree with general ledger posting.
- Examine for and resolve posting errors.
- Assist with monthly closings and special projects as necessary.
- Must be able to understand organization priorities and meet deadlines.
- Must have knowledge of basic accounting practices and be able to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving, and results.
- Other duties as deemed appropriate.
Education and Experience Qualifications:
- Bachelor s Degree in Accounting or Finance strongly desired.
- Minimum of 1 years experience in accounting or finance.
- Experience with Vertafore AMS360 desired (Not Required).
- Proficiency with email and Microsoft office applications with exceptional skills in Excel.