Corpus Christi, TX 78411 US
- Assists with completion of all month-end close financial reporting processes.
- Prepares monthly journal entries and reconciliations for assigned Balance sheet accounts including documentation to support all balances.
- Post all entries in the appropriate periods while ensuring they are completed in a timely manner to meet deadlines.
- Assists with detailed monthly actual to budget variance reports to support the department in the review of facility operating performance.
- Participates in annual budget process, preparing schedules and researching accounts.
- Validates Charge Master compliance with daily and weekly monitoring.
- Leads Quarterly SOX reporting and semi-annual Internal Control Checklist.
- Review of patient accounts for accuracy of calculated contractuals by insurance plan.
- Responsible for annual inventory audit and monthly consignment counts.
- Responsible for validation of Physician payments with contract terms.
- Responds to requests for information from Corporate, Internal Audit and other internal management.
- Performs accurately and in a timely manner in periods of increased work-loads and high stress while ensuring all processing and reporting deadlines are consistently achieved.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Controller or Chief Financial Officer.
- Candidate must have firm knowledge of the financial accounting process.
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel knowledge preferred.
- Previous SOX compliance experience a plus.
- Business Objects and/or Essbase/Smartview reporting a plus.
- Effective organizational skills including the ability to work independently and consistently to achieve reporting deadlines.
- Must be willing to work and adapt in an always improving environment.
- Bachelor' s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Two years of progressive accounting experience; preferably in a physician practice management or healthcare-related environment.
- Experience in mainframe and PC-based reporting systems preferred.
- Must be willing to work at least 1 weekend per month. Must be willing to work 5 th to the 9 th days of the month even when those dates fall on weekends or holidays.
- Position must be willing to keep a flexible schedule during busy times and even forego vacation/PTO during inventory, month-end close, or budget planning periods.
- Must be willing to work overtime as required.
To apply please email your resume to denise.Cox@lkjordan.Com
LK Jordan is an equal opportunity employer.