Director of Finance
Corpus Christi, TX 78401 US
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develops annual budget in cooperation with the Finance Committee and provides monthly reports
- Oversees collection, processing, depositing, recording, and disbursement of all church monies in accordance with established accounting principles and policies of the church
- Manages all banking transactions and maintains accurate and up-to-date records of transactions, including monthly reconciliation of church bank accounts
- Prepares all adjusting entries necessary to maintain records on the GAAP accrual basis of accounting
- Oversees recording and maintenance of contribution records, including preparation and distribution of monthly and year-end giving statements
- Prepares invoices and reimbursements for payment in accordance with established accounting principles and policies
- Coordinates annual financial stewardship campaign plans and materials in cooperation with Senior Pastor
- Prepares or supervises tax filings for the church and makes sure all governmental obligations are met
- Arranges for and supports Annual Audit to be completed by Outside Auditor
- Assists the Officers of the Corporation in maintaining official records (membership lists, deeds, property and tax information, etc.)
- Provides financial information to support the work of all church administrative committees
- Maintains Personnel Policies & Procedures Manual, personnel records, and current job descriptions on all paid church staff (with support of Staff-Parish Relations Committee)
- Coordinates with contracted IT support person for upkeep of church computers and software
- Participates in all staff meetings
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor s Degree in Accounting and three years successful experience in accounting (church or non-profit experience preferred)
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer operating systems, Microsoft Office, and database software
- Demonstrated leadership, management, and supervisory experience
This is a temp to hire opportunity paying $24/hr - $31/hr depending on experience.
To apply please email your resume to denise.Cox@lkjordan.Com
LK Jordan is an equal opportunity employer.